WELCOME - KARIBUNI SANA

GOD’S PROMISES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING” LAMENTATION 3;23

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney


Saturday, April 2, 2011

WHY BIBLE COMMANDS US TO LOVE OUR NIEGHBOURS

             HOW TO TREAT YOUR NIEGHBOURS.

A.  From the reading of Leviticus (19- 18)
-Reminds us that God is completely holy
-He is complete.
-He challenges us on how to love our neighbors or not
-It should not be with violence.                                                                             
                                      
B.  From the reading of Paul (Ephesians 2: 19 -22)
-We are the temple of God
-His spirit dwells in each one of us
-Paul wants us to recognize the value that Christ has added into our human beingness
- To love and respect all God’s creation is what we should do
                    
C.  From the Gospel of Mathew (5: 17 -19)
-Jesus did not come to destroy the law, he cane to fulfill it
-To demonstrate by his life how he is living the life as supposed to
-Offer no resistance to the one who has evil in them
-Love your enemies, pray for those who prosecute you.

D. As believers of Jesus, we ought to go beyond the law, to the level of perfection.


 In Leviticus, Jesus reminds us that God is completely holy, that he is complete. He challenges us on how to live with our neighbors. He says love your neighbor as much as you love me. It should not be with violence. We should treat our neighbors how we would like to be treated by others. Paul says we are the temple of God. His spirit dwells in each one of us. In an assembly of people there is always the presence of God. Paul wants us to recognize the value that Christ has added into our human beingness. To love and respect all God’s creation is what we should do because we are all his children.  In Gospel of Mathew Jesus says, he has not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it. He is the law and he coming to earth is the fulfillment of it. He offers no resistance to the one who have evil in them. He sits with prostitutes, tax collectors, sinners and he does not reject the ones who are sinful. He came for them. He came to change the sinful so as they can also see the kingdom of heaven. He says “I have come not to call the righteousness but sinners to repentance”.  Jesus says, “Love your enemies, pray for those who prosecute you for the sake of righteousness because they will see the kingdom of heaven”.  Lastly as believers of Jesus, we ought to go beyond the law to the level of perfection.

This teaching teaches me how to live with people how to treat my neighbors. My neighbors are not only the people who live near me but everyone who is around me regardless what they look like, what they do or anything. I may not be as perfect as God would like me to be but I can help the people around with what I have, I can treat them well just like how I would like to be treated. I can apply this simply by starting helping my friends indeed of anything that is what Jesus meant. And as it goes my experience will be growing too.

By Rose Turuka                                        KCHS

No comments:

Post a Comment