WELCOME - KARIBUNI SANA

GOD’S PROMISES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING” LAMENTATION 3;23

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney


Monday, February 7, 2011

MY REFLECTION ABOUT JESUS



My name is Rose Emmanuel Turuka, I am in a junior class at Kalamazoo Christian High School; my perspective about Jesus as a child and now are so different. As a child I always imagined Jesus to be this tall, big guy who held the world in his hands and had magical powers because I was told he is everywhere. But then as I grew up, having bible classes and catechism, I started to get it though it wasn’t clear enough for me. I realized when we are young we take things so directly; our minds are not matured enough for us to process the data. My catechism teacher used to tell me about the trinity and I was so confused that about the whole thing of 3 in 1, but as time went on my mind matured and I got the concept and at that point, God was really complicated to me.

                           The most defining moments of my walk with Jesus was when I got different ideas and things about him from different people with different faith. When I was 10-11 years old, most of my friends were Muslims and they had a different on Jesus. They would tell me things that I never heard from church or home and they always said they were correct which made me angry cause I thought I knew Jesus very well and that I was the one who was correct and not them. So when I argued I would try to call on Jesus and tell him they don’t believe in me, show them the truth but then it never happened and I would think that he doesn’t want to hear me but I was wrong, it needs patience.

                            As I mature I got to understand him even more. My parents share the same faith with me. They brought me up in that faith manner and we all stick together in it. We pray, Believe in Jesus and he is always our priority. I have got a lot of questions in my teen age hood. But then at first I wanted to understand everything about Jesus and it wasn’t until our pastor told us this story that changed me. He told us once, there was a priest who wanted to know everything about Jesus, and as he was taking a stroll down the beach one day, he met a boy who had dug a small hole by the shore and was now transferring the water from the ocean to the small hole he had dug. He asked the little boy what he was doing and the boy told him that he was trying to collect all the water from the ocean to the hole he dug. The priest told him that that was impossible it’s then that the boy told him that’s why you can’t know Jesus the way you want to know him. And he disappeared. The priest then knew it was a protection for some sort of a reason that you can’t know Jesus the way you want to.

                                The bible classes, catechism helped me a lot to start knowing much more about Jesus. Because as I started knowing Jesus just as Jesus until now that I know him well. Even Bible study that we often do at our school helps us to know Jesus more and to be true to ourselves and be able to correct our mistakes and start over well. It gives us the chance to get deeper with God and commit ourselves to him. So my walk with Jesus through this several times has been great. And this is the Jesus I knew and still getting to know.
                                                                                                                                          Rose Turuka.

1 comment:

  1. I like this because it is a true reflection about understanding Jesus,as we grew up the way we understand him differ that much and even sometimes we start acting different; thanks Rose for nice piece of work and challenge to all of us;

    ReplyDelete