WELCOME - KARIBUNI SANA

GOD’S PROMISES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING” LAMENTATION 3;23

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney


Friday, April 3, 2015

THE MASSAGE FOR GOOD FRIDAY 2015 BE KIND AND COMPASSIONATE:



The message for Good Friday 2015 comes from Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you”.

The bible remands us that Loving one another does not mean loving only those believers to whom we are naturally attracted. It means loving every believer. The Apostle John said that loving one another is the proof that we have been truly follower of Jesus despite the fact that our personalities are so different, we are naturally attracted to some people and not attracted to others.  God made us different from one another, and therefore we have different likes and dislikes. Jesus did not say that we must like every believer; He said that we must love them.

Right now, God may be speaking to you about someone you do not love. It may be a relative, a fellow church member, or someone else. You may be saying, "I know that I should love that person, but how do I do it?

i know that it is easy to say that I cannot control my feelings, but I can control my will. I cannot make myself have a feeling of love toward someone, but I can choose to love that person. If I make that choice and hold to it, I will find that my feelings will, in time, follow the choice of my will. The important thing to remember is this: I am controlled by the decision of my will and not by my feelings.

You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." Matthew 5:43-44

it is a challenging when we read that; "If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic" philosophically this statement can expressed as " to go out of your way to avoid a nasty confrontation. Even though provoked, instead of lashing out, you turn the other cheek. In fact, I think that's pretty close to what this sentence means in Jesus' teaching. Remember, the context is enemies, those who insult us and seek to embarrass us".

Jesus' point is that we are to avoid hitting back, the natural human reaction. How can we love when we hit back with something that will wound our opponent? Husbands and wives sometimes get into arguments; tensions that may have been simmering for years boil over once again. And with the boiling comes anger, and with anger a willingness not just to defend, but to strike back. To get an advantage. To have the last word. To wound.

Though Jesus' instruction to turn the other cheek is intended in the arena with a sworn enemy, the principle applies to every area of our lives. Don't retaliate. Don't hit back. Don't move from a position of prayerful love for your enemy to a drop-down, drag-out fight. Love doesn't retaliate. Love seeks the enemy's good (1 Corinthians 13:4-7).

The second command is harder yet to understand. "If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic"  But we need  love him and  pray for him. The bible wants us to avoid  to get grabby and nasty and accusing behavior. Through the massage of this Good Friday we need to ask  the Spirit of Jesus to working through you he can teach you to love your enemies -- even at their ugliest.

  • "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full."
  • "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful"
Therefore this Good Friday Lord,  help me to take your words seriously and not discount them. Make your point deep in my heart. Teach me your mercy. In Jesus' name to;
  • Love your/my enemies
  • Do good to them
  • Lend to them without expecting to get anything back.

 AMEN

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment